Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Block #3...

is finished. It took me 3 or 4 evenings to finish the embroidery on this block -- there is a lot of it! Probably took me longer to do the embroidery than the applique. And, I didn't do that great of a job on the embroidery -- but that's why I like folk art/primitive -- it doesn't have to be perfect. Either way, I like it and block #4 is prepped to start the applique.

Yesterday my breadmaker died. I just bought it in April, so I was not a happy camper. I use it every week to make Honey Whole Wheat bread that we eat for breakfast. To make a long story short, I called the 800 number for Cuisinart and not only are they replacing it -- they are sending me a new one before I send them the broken one -- now that's what I call good service.
And I know what is and isn't good service.

What isn't good service is: we have a prescription card service that forced us to order by mail because they charge a smaller co-pay and they send 3 months supply of meds (and they won't allow you to buy 3 months supply at a local pharmacy). I ordered online August 9 my arthritis meds. They said they mailed them Aug. 9 -- as of yesterday they still haven't arrived and I am now out of my meds. That's 18 days to go from Pennsylvania to Illinois -- and I swear they ship them via slow boat from China. I sent them a scathing email and as each prescription comes up to be renewed, I'm switching them back to local. It's worth my blood pressure to pay a bit more for excellent service.

Today is my errand running day, but I don't have too many, so hopefully will be able to do a bit of quilting this afternoon.


Gratitudes:
Digital cameras
Primitive Gatherings' "Primitive Garden" block of the month -- I really enjoy it.
English muffins with butter.
Cuisinart Co.

5 comments :

~Bren~ said...

Don't even get me started on prescription insurance! I can no longer get my stomach meds without paying 180$ mo. or going to a med that is less effective!
Oh a positive note...I LOVE your block! Your embroidery is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited when I learned that I could get my three month prescriptions thru the state of IL ins. filled at walgreens or Osco pharmacies. You might check to see if your company allows. I remember how frustrating mail order is.. and I just resent having my Illinois wages spent in another state.. or calling India for tech support.

Mary

Melanie said...

Your block is great.... That was the hardest one and I've completed 4 1/2 blocks. I'm with you on mail order prescriptions. We have some and the physcian's office alone set up the refill for 3 months instead of 12--- problems...there have been many.Hopefully this labor day weekend I'll be stitching away....

sewprimitive karen said...

That's amazing about Cuisinart; bravo for them!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I just love these blocks in this quilt! Yours looks wonderful!