Monday, February 27, 2006

Looking Back

Another day, another brain-frying thinking session. Need to get this month over, so time to look back and see how my goals came out:

Getting up and hour early and walking for an hour on the treadmill: boy, did I set myself up for failure on that one! vbg I did manage to do this for 3 weeks, 5 days a week, but boy, is it boring! And then I had a week of things that came up and that goal fell by the wayside. Even had a chocolate binge last week. Lost and gained 2 pounds = stayed the same! Time to rethink that goal.

Fabric buying: Bought the background and border pastels for the two baby quilts -- my stash is pretty much depleted of pastels. Backgrounds are okay, but I also bought some half yard pieces for the bright stars -- probably could have found those in the stash(well, did find a couple in there). Bought baby flannel for the backings -- my stash does not have enough baby flannel to even piece one backing. Last week I bought 4 one yard pieces of background WOW's and need to start buying some off-white, tan backgrounds. Also bought a FQ of the Pledge of Allegiance written all over it -- big splurge! Buying backgrounds is really boring -- especially when you're in a quilt store that has gorgeous fabric overload!

UFO's: Yay -- finished two ufo's, the Ice Crystal mystery quilt and the little sunflower placemat. Used all stash fabrics and battings to finish both of these.

3 comments :

Cher said...

always hard to stick with exercise goals..but great progress on ufos..

Laurie Ann said...

Hang in there!!! I love the baby quilt you showed. What a nice pattern!

quiltpixie said...

I hear you about the excersie goal. I've been going to the gym for the last while. My goal was much more modest -- 1/2 hour of biking at the gym 3 mornings a week -- and I have really had to "push" myself to get there somedays... Just know that every little bit counts, and rethinking your goal is an important part of being realistic.