Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A very productive day

I managed to get up at 6:15 this morning and was out weeding and feeding my yard by 6:30.  It took me about an hour, because I had to keep taking breaks - my back tells me I'm too old for this stuff, so I will hire it done in the fall.

Then took a shower with my new water heater and real hot water!  I am grateful.

Then two loads of laundry and breakfast.  

Then I headed to the basement and put the binding on the homeless quilt I finished yesterday:

That's the front and part of the back.  I am in the process of using my stash as much as possible -- it may take a couple of years, but you gotta start somewhere.  I have fabric from 1993!  Yes, the backs are probably going to be ugly, but the quilt will keep someone warm.

Then I finished piecing the next quilt using the same color/white blocks and I still have more of them leftover, so there will be at least part of a third quilt like that!

 

 
And while I'm using up fabric, I'm also using up thread:
Most of this is 50 wt thread - I think I used to use it for applique, but now use 60 wt.  So this whole thread holder is full of thread that is just getting old and collecting dust, so I am now using it to piece quilts - both in the top and in the bobbin.  
I need to get organized enough to start selling things too.  I have lots of pantographs I don't use and things like this thread rack will be empty eventually and I just don't need all the stuff I have!
 
Until next time... blessings.
 




No comments :