Saturday, December 30, 2023

Happy New Year

Happy New Year a day early!

I've been thinking a lot about my goals for 2024.  I have a couple of the usual ones:  exercise, get my A1C under control (losing 15 pounds after surgery helped a lot!)

 But I really have thought a lot about other things:  I want to enjoy my friends more - even if it means driving an hour just to meet for lunch.

My priorities are going to be God, Family, Friends.  

I will still be quilting - I have two Judy Neimeyer quilts I want to finish next year; I'm still hand appliqueing and hope to make progress on the Caswell quilt and on my Lori Smith kit I bought at the Madison quilt show this year.  And, of course I want to make more quilts for the homeless.  I have one finished for next year, and one that I need to quilt and bind.

And I have a new circular sock machine that I'm learning to use, so I want to spend time on it - with the goal of making at least one pair of socks a month.

When spring comes, I want to plant more flowers and have plans to plant a couple of tomato plants - I had a great crop of Beefsteak Tomatoes this year and they were delicious - I love fresh homegrown tomatoes.

I want to spend more time outside this summer - working in the gardens, walking, or just enjoying the deck.

I've rented a condo in Florida for a couple of weeks in February and am driving down with a friend - walking on the beach, and doing some applique prep in the sunlight, or if it rains.

 I have cancelled a couple of quilt design clubs I've been in for years - I have over 11,000 designs and I use maybe 50 of them!  I plan on spending less on quilt making things - I want to spend time finishing what I have.  I'm not going to say that I won't buy fabric or whatever - just put more thought into the amounts I spend.

That is all for now.  I have a couple of other things that I'm thinking about, but that will be for another day!

Until next time....blessings.

 

No comments :