Sunday, June 18, 2023

And, the 10th Hope Quilt is finished

 

Just got the binding on today -- so number 10 Hope quilt is finished.  Not sure I'll make my goal of 12 or not this year.  Having some health issues and have some other quilts I need to make and/or finish before I make another charity quilt.

My applique group and I have been working on a Bom from Stitchin' Heaven in Texas.  It's called In the Good Old Days - all red and white.  I've been keeping up and this is month 5 of 9, but every month we get 2 pieced blocks, 1 applique block, 1 English paper pieced block and one embroidery block.  It is a little much to keep up with.  Finding out I really don't care for English Paper Piecing and I don't care for the embroidery blocks either. A friend changed out the embroidery blocks for flower blocks and I wish I had done so also. But, I'll continue with what I started. 

Our Applique society group (Stateline Appliquers) which is part of TAS, just gave us a challenge yesterday at our meeting, so I got that block all prepped and it will go in front of the BOM, and I'm working on the Caswell Quilt (I have block 1 of 30 finished and have started block 2) and really like the quilt, so I'm putting it ahead of the bom also!   

And, I have at least 4 quilts which call for custom quilting that I want to get finished, so trying to find time to fit it all in is a challenge. Hoping to get one of the custom ones done every week, but we'll see.

On another note, my grandson that just finished his first year of college was named to the Dean's List with honors!  Pretty proud of him.

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :