Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Another Homeless Quilt

It's been awhile!  I managed to quilt and bind the third homeless quilt (finally!):


 I have been quilting, but mostly just hand applique.  I did have a quilt retreat the last week of February and that was fun.  Then I came home and quilted my Dream Big panel that I've had for about 3 years I think:

I used Nancy Haacke's designs for this.  I love her patterns and she makes it really easy to quilt something like this.  Still need to sew a label on it and a hanging sleeve since it will go in my guild's next show, next year.

In the meantime, we had an ice storm and a big branch from the neighbor's tree came down on my deck.  Some damage, but my SIL can fix it - when the weather warms, which I'm patiently waiting for, but now they are calling for another snow storm tomorrow and Friday.  Anyway, the neighbor and his son came over yesterday and cut up the tree and cleaned up the mess and we decided to have the whole old tree taken down - I don't need it on my roof!  We agreed to split the cost, which is fine with me -- looking forward to more sun in that corner!

Mostly I'm working on applique - four of us are doing a BOM from Stitchin' Heaven called The Good Old Days - all red and white and 4 different techniques each month: applique English Paper Piecing, embroidery, and piecing.  Second month should be shipped out on Friday!  The month really goes by fast!

I'll post pics next time.

Until next time...blessings.
 

No comments :