Saturday, January 28, 2023

Getting Stuck

 So before I go to sleep and when I wake up (and long before I actually get up!) I plan what I'm going to do in the sewing room.  I was getting a little overwhelmed by the amount of scraps I have, so today after I started quilting the broken dishes quilt, I pulled out the bins I have scraps in. 


The bin at the top has 2-1/2" strips in it!  Argh!  I thought I had used up most of them in the 16 patches!  I was very much wrong!  So, eventually they will become 9 patches and/or more 16 patches.  The middle bin has 5 inch strips and 7 inch strips.  I am using my Big fabric cutting machine to cut tumblers and other shapes to go into more homeless quilts. 


The bottom bin has a lot of different sized fabric scraps that I threw in there after I put the bigger pieces of fabric away after the basement water catastrophe cleanup!
I also found a huge stack of 5" squares, so they will become pinwheels for another homeless quilt.  And I found a partially made Kim Diehl quilt - I think probably a small one, but I dumped everything out and pressed everything and found a bunch of 2-1/2" squares, hsts,and smaller 4-patches that will be 2-1/2" squares when put together.  I don't know what I'll do with them yet, but I also have some orphan blocks so I might end up doing an orphan block quilt and put everything in it!

 

And, I have 365 Orange Peel blocks that will make at least 1 quilt with enough leftover to add to another!


So, now I just need to spend time stitching pieces together!  I did finish quilting the broken dishes and got the binding on, but still need to turn it and stitch it down - Homeless Quilt #2 for 2023!

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :