Thursday, July 01, 2021

July 1,2021

 I've been missing in action for a month, obviously.  Mostly I was getting ready for a quilt retreat and then driving to and from it!

I went to Stitchin' Heaven in Quitman, TX for a Judy Neimeyer quilt class.  First time I've ever done a JN quilt (all paper piecing).  I managed to get 1/8th of the quilt done at the retreat, and hope to start working on the rest of it today. The quilt is called Coral Reef and the instructor is Sandra Coffey - and she was really good and helpful.

The retreat center is brand new -- we were only the second group to stay there.  There were at least 24 of us in the class.  Here's a small section of the sewing area - showing the kitchen.


This is the quilt and the part of the quilt I managed to get done there:




And here is the Stitchin' Heaven shop, which is just across the parking lot from the retreat center.  This is only 2 pictures of the shop -- it was huge and they had everything you could possibly need!  Every one in Texas was friendly and very helpful.



I had a really great time and made some new friends - and that's what quilting is all about!

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :