Saturday, April 10, 2021

Getting things done

 This week I have gotten a few things done that needed done!  I have leaf guards on my gutters now - very expensive, but I don't have to try climbing on a ladder to clean the gutters anymore.

Heat in the basement!  Yay!  It got pretty cold this past winter down in my sewing studio.  The previous owner thought halogen lighting would be enough to heat the basement -- it is not!  So, now I have a humidifier on the furnace and heat vents in the rooms.  

I had not cleaned down there in quite a while, but waited until they were done installing the vents, so today I started cleaning up the mess.  So far, the exercise room, bathroom, and areas all around the longarm are clean. And, I spent an hour cleaning, oiling and running the calibration on the longarm.  So this is the section that is done.

And hopefully I can finish cleaning this part tomorrow:


I need to get the sewing machines and cutting table done tomorrow, if nothing else because I need to put the binding on my Pumpkin Hill quilt and start hand stitching it down.

Yesterday was another applique day at Sunshine Stitches in Belvidere.  We have such a good time stitching with friends there.  I worked on block 7 of Cottontail Cottage which is the last Bunny Hill quilt I'm going to do for a long time!

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :