Wednesday, January 27, 2021

A few things finished

 

I finished this hat for a homeless person the other day and also decided not to knit any more hats.  I love using circular needles and knitting in the round, but hate switching to double pointed needles to do the decreases -- it's really a struggle for me.  So, I'll be making scarves for the homeless from here on out!

I finished the 5th book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon last night.  I've read the whole series before, many years ago, but am re-reading them now, and there are quite a few spots where I've been asking myself if I really read that, because I don't remember that part!  Really sucks to get old and forgetful!

Today I ran to the store after my chiropractic appointment and ended up buying more than I planned -- which is not unusual!  Did find a bargain on pork loins, so need to cut those into smaller sizes and package them for the freezer in a few minutes. 

It's been very cold here and had a snow storm that dumped between 5 and 6" of snow yesterday, so at the store, they had flowers on sale!

I couldn't decide between the dyed daisies or the other mixed bouquet, so I bought both!  Probably won't last long, but they were cheap and they brighten up my kitchen!

I haven't done any sewing all week, so hopefully I'll get to the basement today!

Until next time....blessings.
 

No comments :