Monday, October 19, 2020

Third Plaid quilt

 I've been getting things done around here the past week or so -- hired someone to clean my windows - worth every penny!  Cleaned my oven yesterday so this morning I finished wiping out the ash.

And, I've been working on the third (and last) plaid homeless quilt.  Still need to trim and bind the second one.

I've been rethinking some of my applique projects.  As many as 5 are going to be thrown away.  But I got out one I thought I was going to throw away, but now am rethinking that. This is called Primitive Garden.  It was a pattern (actually a block of the month kit) from Primitive Gatherings.  I've had the top done for years - just needs four borders that are all applique.


Not a very good picture, but after finding it I just threw it over the longarm to see if I still like it, and I do.  So, then I went into full panic mode because I thought I had thrown out the border that I have already started.  But, I managed to find it -- would have been easier if I'd put things back where they belong!  I'm not real thrilled with the fabrics -- they are homespuns and flannel, but I'll give it a go anyway.  I'd love to have this one finished.  I have a couple of pieced quilts from long ago that just need to be quilted and I might work on them also.  

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :