Saturday, September 12, 2020

Back to Quilting

 I still haven't put the homeless quilt together - maybe tomorrow!  Yesterday was Applique Club and I worked on a couple of different blocks/quilts.  I had finished the applique part of my Pumpkin Patch quilt last week, so today I pieced the pumpkins/flying geese blocks and put it together:

First, there's a reason I love hand applique and don't really like piecing quilts.  You can see why as you look at the cut off points!  Plus, I hate working with 1-1/2" pieces!

Second, this is the last kit I will ever buy.  This was a kit put together by the store owner and she used really crappy fabrics.  There is black fuzz all over my sewing room from the black border fabric.  The applique was supposed to be wool, and she substituted flannel -- I substituted a lot of my own fabrics because the flannel stretches and is not easy to work with. 

Anyway - it is ready for quilting and I do like the colors and the applique.  This won't be a gift, obviously, but I'll keep it!

On another note:  The more I think about how times have changed since 9/11/01, I think the answer is to Be the Change you want to see.  I will not add to the hate on FB or anywhere else, in fact, I will be limiting FB altogether.  I no longer watch or listen to the news - it is all so biased, I can't stand it.  I'm old enough to remember how it was when reporters and anchormen reported the news without slanting it -- I want that time back!

And, I won't foist my opinion on anyone.  I will refrain from taking part in conversations if they are political or biased.  It's a start - I'd love to see a whole new world start with love instead of hate.

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :