Thursday, April 23, 2020

Making progress

This is the latest homeless quilt top I finished today.  I had to order some backing fabric, so I won't have it quilted or bound til next week.  Those are all 5" squares -- goal was to use up some charm packs and other squares I had already cut. I'm working on trying to use up all my scraps this year and then start using my stash.
So, this is a pile of SOME of my scraps.  I have 5" squares, a jelly roll, some other 2-1/2" leftover strips, some 4 patches and a bunch of 2-1/2" squares and a whole bunch of other scraps from leftover projects that haven't been cut into any particular size.  I have an idea for another homeless quilt or two, that will use 4" finished blocks, so I have a lot of pressing, cutting and stitching to do to make 300 blocks to get a 60" x 80" quilt!  I imagine it will take most of this year to just sew up scraps before I ever open my fabric cabinet doors to work on stash!
It is actually feeling pretty good to finally have an idea of what to do with all the scraps.
Until next time....blessings.

No comments :