Saturday, December 21, 2019

My 5 Year Plan

This is just a picture of one of my favorite applique quilts, an All In One quilt done on the Statler, and two pillows done on the Statler.  The quilt on the couch is heavily quilted. I'm in two clubs: a Skill Builders (SB) Club taught by Joan Knight and Joyce Lundrigan - all projects done in Creative Studio 7.1 on the Statler Stitcher (the computerized part of my Gammill Longarm); And All-In-One Club (AIO) offered by Joyce Lundrigan of Methodist Hill Quilts - she gives us the pattern to piece the quilt and then all the patterns to quilt it with detailed instructions.  If anyone has the Statler, I recommend both of these clubs.  It's just amazing what you can do with the machine!

Anyway, I'm not doing resolutions this year.  I have some health issues (damn Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm is still leaking).  Plan is to wait and watch for another 6 months and have another ct scan with contrast and hopefully the leaks will close themselves.  I've already had stents put in two years ago and this past August, had coils put in to stop another leak.  
So, anyway - I decided it was time to start planning for the next 5 years!  Now that the homeless quilts are finished, I'm hoping to get caught up on my own stuff.  So I have a plan for 2020 to finish one big applique quilt - the size of the one in the picture.  I have quite a few hand applique quilts in the queue, but now I'm going to concentrate on finishing and some of them will not be finished at all because I'm tired of them.  I also want to piece and quilt all the quilt kits I have lying around - sometimes I buy kits at quilt shows or on a shop hop.  I also buy fq's alot and have way too many of them - so hope to piece some quilts using them up - but not necessarily in 2020!
I'm a beginner knitter, so I'm setting a goal to make 12 kids hats for next years hat and mitten tree at church.
My 5 year plan also includes having hardwood floors installed next year; a new deck in maybe 3 years and a new car in 3 years - I'll give my car to my grandson, Will, who will be 16 in 2023.  Grandson AJ, will be 16 next year, but he's getting his other grandfather's old truck!
I also have goals/a plan for other areas of my life - health, etc.  I've written them down and plan to keep them close at hand over the next 5 years!  I'm sure I'll be adding to them.  
I've challenged my daughter to a no-spend month of January (she's protesting because her birthday is Jan. 10!).  Only buy groceries or food.  No online shopping!  No slipping in clothes or toys when you go to Walmart to pick up prescriptions! And I won't be buying anything at the quilt store!
Until next time....blessings.

1 comment :

Jeanne said...

Hi Joanne, Belated holiday greetings! I'm way behind on blog reading :( Anyway, good luck with your goals for 2020 and beyond! I'll keep my fingers crossed about your health concerns. I need to join you in the No-Buy January!