Saturday, January 05, 2019

Some Progress

I worked on my quilt today:
8 blocks done -- only 12 more to go!  Second from left on top doesn't have enough contrast, but not sure I'm gonna take it apart!  I might learn to live with it!
I've also been working on a "betweens" quilt which is using 2-1/2" squares as leaders and enders, and making two patches and today I started making 4 patches out of them.  I have a big bin of 2-1/2" squares - don't think I'll run out any time soon.  But decided to press and make 4 patches.  I'm thinking I'll make 16-patch blocks and maybe sash them to make a 60"x80" homeless quilt.  The goal is to use up every scrap in the sewing room, but it's difficult to do when people keep donating fabrics!  I spend all my time working on the donated fabric and mine doesn't get used.  2019 is going to be the year I use my fabric!  Like the quilt I'm working on, I have a lot of Kansas Troubles Fabrics and a lot of darks - like Jo Morton and Civil War prints.  Still need to clean out my fabric stash cabinets too!  A woman's (quilter) work is never done!
Until next time.....blessings.
 

No comments :