Saturday, January 19, 2019

Snow Day!

I'm still here -- just got kinda busy!  I dropped the four bins off at the charity, but haven't been in the storage area to sort more -- but I have not given up -- I will get back to it.
I live in southern Wisconsin and we were part of the country that got caught in the big snow storm.  I was in No. IL yesterday for our homeless quilt group sew, but left after lunch to stop at the store (packed with people!), and made it home before the snow started up here.  It had already started in IL.
We have somewhere between 6"-8" on the ground now.  
Just so so you know:  I hate snow and winter! So, I'm hunkering down for the weekend -- great weekend to sew!
I joined a new club for my Statler Stitcher, which is the electronic program for my Gammill longarm.  It is called Skill Builders and the January project was a tablerunner.  We learned all kinds of ways to use some of the parts of the program I don't normally use and it was so enlightening.  The program actually can take a square pattern and fit it into a rectangle. So much fun.  Here's mine:
That center rectangle has a double crosshatch quilting pattern that is actually designed for a square, but the Statler stretches it to fit perfectly into a rectangle.  Love the club and my Statler!

The electricians are coming Tuesday morning at 7 am to start replacing the lighting in the basement -- I'm so excited -- I will finally be able to see to work on the longarm and to sew.  The lighting now is canned lights and the guy that lived here put halogen bulbs in them (I'm sure he designed and finished the basement himself), and that serves as poor lighting and the heat in the basement!  Yeah, he didn't bother putting any heat in the basement!   Once I get the new lighting installed, I'll just bring down a heater that I can turn on when I'm down there.  
So, now I'm off to do a little cleaning upstairs and then heading downstairs to work on my quilt!
Until next time.....blessings.




 

No comments :