Thursday, September 27, 2018

Random Thoughts

My fall decorating:  Gourds on the mantel and a pumpkin wreath on the front door. This is the new fireplace -- I had it converted to gas and added the brick surround and the new mantel.

I'm at home recuperating from AAA surgery.  This means I have three stents in my aorta and femoral arteries to repair the Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm I've had for at least 5 years.  Seems like I've been dealing with it forever.  I'm doing fine, my blood pressure is the lowest it's ever been, but they touched a nerve in the incision on the right side and my right inner thigh and knee are killing me!  Hopefully, this pain will go away when I am completely healed.

I went to Southern Belle Statler retreat the week after Labor Day, in Bismarck, AR.  Had a great time, met lots of people from all over, learned a lot about my digital longarm (Statler).  Came home, put new quick change feet on the longarm and now it won't work - with a problem that has nothing to do with the feet!

Just got back from lunch with my daughter.  This is the reason I moved to Wisconsin - to be closer to my daughter and her family.  So far, she's taken me to the hospital in Burlington for a week's stay in July, and has taken me to Rockford for the surgery last week.  Guess it was a good idea to move up here. I also get to go to quite a few of my grandsons' games.  AJ is a freshman in high school and plays volleyball, very well, I might add.  And Mikey is playing soccer again this year -- and his mother is the soccer coach this year also.  Mikey's games are early Saturday mornings - so nice to be able to be there on time and not have to drive for an hour to get back home. He plays very well, also.  Soon, Will will be starting basketball - he's in middle school this year.

It's too bad the longarm is down because I have lots of homeless tops to finish, and now would be a good time to do them.  I do, however, have plenty of applique to work on and if I got real ambitious, I could piece more quilts, but not really thinking that that is going to happen.  Resting, walking around to keep the blood clots at bay, and not lifting more than 10 pounds is the order of the day for the duration, so applique and maybe a little knitting it is!

Until next time.....Blessings.

1 comment :

Mcirishannie f/k/a quilt til you wilt said...

Hope things Turn around quickly and you are back to quilting soon!