Sunday, December 03, 2017

Day 3 in the house

 Big plans today to clean out all the kitchen cabinets and put in shelf paper (so much easier to wipe out than the wood of the cabinets).   Instead, Kevin and Deb brought all my plants up and to see the house.  They've had them for a couple of weeks and now my Christmas cactus has a couple of buds ready to open!  It was in the 60's today, so they wanted to get them up here before we drop back to the 30's.
So then I started again in the kitchen.  This is as far as I got:
I managed to get six small shelves for glassware and cups cleaned and shelf paper installed!  Then spent the rest of the day researching microwaves since the sellers took theirs with them and my buyers wanted mine!  Finally ordered one from Amazon!
I knew moving in and cleaning and unpacking was not going to be a fast thing.  I am determined this time though to unpack all the boxes and start shredding a lot more papers than I've done in the past 4 years.  I had 3 or 4 boxes in the garage that I never even opened - one box of books and at least one of old tax returns.  No wonder we're all drowning in paper!  Now my tax returns are on cd's!
Tomorrow the furniture will arrive.  I can finally sleep in my own bed! Can't tell you what a joy it is to roll off the airbed and try to stand up!
Missed having lunch with my friends after church this morning.  Instead I had cold leftover pizza that the kids brought over last night!  Sad to say that the sellers had a cat here and not only did Steph react with her allergies, but so did little Mikey - apparently he has inherited her allergy to cat dander.  Poor kid spent half the time blowing his nose and then he started to clog up.  I think it will take more than vacuuming to get all the cat hair out of the air!
Stay tune for more excitement in Burlington, WI!
Until next time....Blessings.
 
 

No comments :