Saturday, February 18, 2017

Making some progress

I've been working the past two days on quilting and cutting tumblers.  I have two quilts finished and ready to give to my friend, Nancy for her to bind -- both are quilts for the homeless.  I also loaded another to quilt next time.  And, I finally managed to cut all the tumblers for making kids quilts.  I have lots more of some fabrics than others, but that's okay, I can always cut more if we need them.  So, now I'm working on piecing one kid's quilt top to take with next Friday when we meet to sew at the church.  I need to show our new quilters how to piece the quilt, and then they can piece one of their own!
And, last night I actually cooked.  In case you don't know -- I hate to cook!  I'd rather sew or read or do anything else!  And cooking for one is not fun.  So, my niece gave me free sign-ups for Plated and Blue Apron.  Last night's meal was from Blue Apron.  (I had three meals for two delivered on Wednesday).  This was called
"Vegetable Fried Rice Bowls".  I left off the fried egg on top!
They send all the ingredients prepackaged in one use size.  That dark green stuff is Gai Lan, which I had never heard of!  
So, this is supposed to feed two people.  I think there's enough for three!  It actually was delicious.  Only problem is I have leftovers that need to be eaten!  But, it was good, and all I have to do is reheat the leftovers, which I'd rather do than cook another meal! lol
I still have two other meals in this shipment:  Cajun Catfish and Spiced Rice and Baked Ricotta Cannelloni.  I like catfish, but not real spicy food, but you can use as much or little of the spice as you want, which works for me!  
Until next time....blessings.

1 comment :

Connie said...

You are such a good girl doing that cooking! Ha Ha I'm not fond of cooking either but I'm lucky because John does like to and cooks much of the time. I pitch in some but I can lean on him when I need to. Tonight I'm grilling some burgers but he has to turn the gas grill on and off for me. I guess if I flip them I'll get the cooking credit, huh. Plus I drove to the store to buy fresh buns - another score for me.
This morning I did some more purging in my tiny sewing room. Spent all yesterday afternoon sorting my embroidery and cross stitch stuff and got a paper bag full of give aways. Now I can at least find my embroidery stuff. I couldn't believe how many UFOs of blog free embroidery BOMs that I'd never finished! Geesh, I don't need to begin anything new until I get busy with those. I love to sit and embroider when I'm too tired to do anything but watch TV.
Next week I want to refold and restack my fabric stash which is semi messed up, and some stacks are mixed in with other stuff, not organized like I want it to be. I can't stand when I let things go, it bugs me.
Wishes for a happy Saturday and Sunday, Joanne. Hugs xo connie