Saturday, June 11, 2016

June 11, 2016

Time sure gets away from me!
I have new neighbors -- they bought the house next to me, redid the inside and the outside and have it on the market to sell, but she is here at least 3 times or more a week, working on the yard, etc.  Her husband was off work this week, so she volunteered him to put my new flag pole in the ground!  They came out yesterday and today and did all the work!
I looked down the block on Memorial Day and no one was flying the flag,  The one I had didn't have a post or bracket for so I went out and bought the pole!  

Haven't been doing well on my diet at all -- been gaining weight even.  Hurt my knee so wasn't even walking, but I see my miles on the Appalachian Trial finally hit 100!  Only a few thousand to go!

Also been working on one of Rogene's quilts (Rogene was a good friend and quilter and Kris and Ginny and I have been finishing some of her quilts for her kids).  The iris quilt was one she appliqued for her daughter's wedding, 10 years ago!  It was a running joke as to how many blocks she had left to do.  Anyway, we went with what she had done, Kris pieced them together and I just took it off the longarm last night.
I do custom quilting so seldom that I have to retrain myself every time to get the machine to do what I want it to!  In fact, I had to retrain myself from one day to the next on this one! lol  But I finally got it done.  The setting triangles and sashes have a leafy pattern in them.
It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I think Rogene's daughter will love it anyway.

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :