Saturday, July 25, 2015

After the Landscaping

So, what have I been doing since the landscaping is done?  I've been taking classes!  And not quilt classes!  I took a beginner's class on digital photography.  I have a Nikon point and shoot that I use, and it does a great job - if you know how to take photographs - which I don't!  So I took this class and ended up buying myself a DSL Nikon on sale.  The class was lots of fun, and I learned a lot (well, I have a lot of information inside my head, but still trying to sort it all out.)  The upshot of the class is practice, practice, practice!  But I love my new camera too!
The class lasted 3 weeks - one night a week and finished last Tuesday.  So, then I signed up for the Photoshop Elements class which started last night and also lasts for 3 weeks.  Now that was a fun class - I love learning how to do things on the computer.  Used to be when you bought a new program, you'd get a 1000 page handbook on how to use it, but nowadays you get maybe a quick video of the basics.  So, the class is showing us how to edit our photos, take out spots, straighten, lighten, darken, etc. and also has an organizing element to it so that you can actually organize all your photos.  I like this part of it - I have tons of photos on discs and on the computer - many of which just need to be deleted! LOL, but now I can go back and actually put them into some type of organization, and at the same time, I can have some printed.  I never take the time to have photos printed anymore, so I'm going to pick a few and have them printed also.  
So, until next time....blessings.

1 comment :

Hotmail contact number uk said...

Thanks for share your good piece of content with us.