Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday

We've had a couple of days of rain and a lot of wind, so not much has gotten done outside.  Today my lawn guys came and mowed, then I had a doctor's appt. and had to make a few stops on the way home.  One was a stop at the Farmer's Market -- picked up some home grown asparagus (boy do I miss my husband's asparagus plot -- we always had great asparagus in the spring and lots of it!).  Also picked up a good sized tomato plant -- called Crimson something or other -- produces normal sized tomatoes (as opposed to beefsteak which taste great but one is enough for a week's worth of salads or meals!).  So, stopped at Home Depot and picked up the pot and some dirt and now I have a patio tomato on the deck!

I had a hair appointment yesterday and my hairdresser is a treasure trove of information and business cards.  Most of her clients are long term and she's pretty good about remembering who recommended whom for certain jobs.  We were discussing the fact that I've emailed two companies to do some landscaping and neither of them have contacted me to date.  So, she gave me the name and website of someone one of her clients recommends!  I checked out his website yesterday afternoon, and emailed him and this morning I had an answer and an appointment for next week for him to come out and look at what I want.  Guess who's going to get my business (unless he's too expensive), but I will pick someone who actually answers me over someone who deems himself too busy to bother.

So, after my running around today, I decided to do some computer work.  Guess what else I need to do!  Clean off my beautiful desk -- the pile on the left is old mail and stuff that needs to be filed, and stuff that needs to be thrown out and/or recycled.  It's about 2 weeks worth and there is no excuse for it to have gone that long! Paper breeds when left too long -- that's why its imperative to take care of it right away!
So, I'm off to get busy!
Until next time....Blessings!

1 comment :

Churn Dash said...

It amazes me that contractors don't get in touch. We had someone come out to give us estimates on having a gas line run to the kitchen and another one to run a grill outside. The guy came out but we never got an estimate.

Desks seem to collect clutter. I noticed a bed, bath and beyond coupon... they arrive so often they can cause a black hole on their own!

Helen