Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Hot Water

So, plumber came out this morning as I didn't have hot water in the kitchen again. (I did open the cabinet under the sink last night, Mary - didn't help). He had to use my hair dryer to thaw the pipe in the basement, under the ceiling tile. So now I need to keep the ceiling tiles open the rest of the winter! While he was here, I had him install the new faucet I bought yesterday.
This is going to be another long winter!  At least I have a sprayer on the faucet now! LOL
Nothing else has gotten done today.  I have the feeling not much will get done the rest of the day either! 

He did tell me what to do if I ever go on a trip - even in summer:  turn off water to house and open all the faucets in the whole house.  Can turn the knob to "vacation" on the water heater too, if you want to - probably won't make any difference as the water will be turned off anyway!  Good information to know anyway! 
Until next time....blessings.

2 comments :

mary said...

darn, that it didn't work, but that is a spiffy new faucet. My kids live in an 1852 house in PA and their plumber had to rip up the bathroom floor to thaw pipes once. I guess that living with open ceiling tiles will be easier. Glad that you got it fixed.

Kristie said...

You have a beautiful new faucet. I hate the worry of the pipes freezing.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie