So here's a close-up of the top shelf in the fabric cupboard - before:
And here's the after!:
I have a couple of stacks of fabric behind those in the front row, but hopefully as I do each shelf I'll be able to have just one row on each. I found a couple of more kits to work on when I have time. I found fabric I didn't know I even had, and I'll have to change my statement of yesterday - I did buy quite a bit of fabric last year and the year before because I did Jo Morton's Little Women Club at Quilters General Store the past two years and had to buy Jo Morton fabric. So now I have a whole bunch of Jo Morton fabric to use up! I have a whole stack of mostly Halloween fabric - and I don't make Halloween specific quilts - well not for myself anyway, but I have a friend that does Halloween well!
I have tote bags filled with fabric on these shelves also -- just more to clean out. I also found a stack of flowered fabric - enough to cut up and make a quilt kit for my sew-in people to make into quilts for the homeless, so I left that stack out.
I finished quilting another homeless quilt while I was cleaning and folding fabric today - I love my Statler - only have to be close enough to change the bobbin and roll the quilt and handle any longarm emergency, but still have hands free and time to work on other things while it's quilting! I pieced more of the quilt kit I dug out the other day too. Just need to sew the blocks into rows and the rows into a quilt!
So, revised goal: I'm not going to buy a lot of fabric this year -- only what I absolutely need and I'll be working a little harder to use up the Jo Morton fabric!
Until next time....Blessings.