Before I covered the longarm in anticipation of the work being done in the basement, I was quilting a few quilts for the homeless. My church has taken on the project of making quilts for the homeless in our area - and it's sad to say there are plenty in need and this has been a particularly cold, snowy winter besides. There are a few quilters in the church, and the congregation has been donating fabrics as well as the quilters themselves and some of the quilt shops too. I have a large collection of backing fabrics too that were donated. I did manage to get 9 quilts quilted before the basement was started. After that, I have managed to piece two more and I think the quilters have another 6 waiting for me to quilt them.
I also have (somewhere!), a lot of scraps that I intend to put to good use in making more quilts for the homeless. With that in mind, I was playing a bit in EQ7 today and came up with a simple design for a 12" square block. I have some jelly rolls which are 2-1/2" strips and I intend to use them to make these scrappy blocks:
Until next time....blessings.