Sunday, June 23, 2013

The spoils from Quilt Festival

Here is what I bought on Friday (and saved from the bus fire!):
 A book from my friends at Yellow Creek Designs -- their first book., a star pin cushion from Country Threads, and a punchneedle kit from them also; six fat quarters I couldn't live without, tiny precut tumbler blocks and a package of 3-1/2" charms from Primitive Gatherings, a little quilt kit that has some embroidery on it for Halloween and three packs of pre-dyed muslin for more embroidered blocks.

And here is the last quilt I finished for Jo's little women's club:

And then I spent all afternoon yesterday and today sewing -- it was so wonderful, I can't tell you! I got cortisone shots in my left thumb last week and have to have therapy for the next three weeks on my hands, so I can't knit or do any hand sewing, and the quilting machine hurts also, but I can definitely piece! First is the next quilt for Jo's club and then I bought those precut tumbler blocks at the show Friday - there were 100 - 50 darks and 50 lights, so it took no time at all to sew them together into the little quilt.


Piecing tiny blocks is really "in" now. And, the more I see them, the more I love them -- even though I have never been fond of working with the tiny pieces -- I guess our tastes change as we grow as quilters. The stars in the second Jo's quilt finish at 2-1/2"! I loved the look of simple nine-patches that were similarly tiny!

 Blessings til next time!

1 comment :

Cher said...

too cute! the tumbler block top and the star quilt as well..you did some great shopping..and none of it tempts me! My taste is much brighter and bolder LOL...but I can admire your taste and enjoy what you make just the same! well done shopping! and saving from the bus fire too!
glad to hear you have gained some relief for your poor thumbs...good luck with the pt!