Friday, January 15, 2010

Rough Week

Wednesday Steph had to have an amnio. It's been a rough few days waiting for the preliminary results. I went up yesterday and babysat for a couple of hours while she went to her regular ob-gyn appointment and then we spent all afternoon talking. She hadn't slept at all on Wednesday night and again last night. I didn't sleep much. Here's our adorable youngest grandson, Will enjoying his lunch with the other kids.
Steph got the phone call this afternoon with the preliminary results: Everything is A-OK! Also -- it's definitely a boy! We were so worried, that hey, not even going to complain that we're getting another boy instead of a girl! He'll be healthy -- and believe me, that's more important.

So, this afternoon I managed to do a little bit of sewing (no way was I going to tackle the dining room today -- couldn't concentrate plus I think I have bursitis in my shoulder and it's killing me. This is the 3rd Friday Block Party block, called Another Star.

I also worked on a new mystery block of the month -- a row quilt from Claudia's Quilt Shoppe.
These are really tiny blocks. I have 3 of 9 done, so I'll show them when I finish them.

Gratitudes:
The doctors' office was very aware of the worry and fear waiting for test results and called as soon as they got the preliminary results. Full results are due next week, but 95% sure is really good. Thank God.

1 comment :

Carol said...

That's wonderful, wonderful news Joanne...we knew 2010 was going to be a good year. Boys are GREAT!