Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Winter has arrived in all its glory

I took these photos this morning, but could have waited all day -- the snow is still laying heavily on the branches of the trees. We got about 8" of snow yesterday into last night, then rain and sleet, which I'm sure melted some of it, and then another 4" or so overnight. The roads are going to be terrible tonight -- after the plows cleared the snow which was very wet, the temps are falling and the winds are picking up, so I imagine the roads will be a sheet of ice soon. Supposed to be windy all day tomorrow also. The nice thing about it: I'm going to quilt all day tomorrow!

This first shot was taken from our back porch looking northeast towards the road at the front of the house and includes our view of the fields and woods and hills across the road.

This second view was taken from the back porch, just outside the library doors, just looking at part of our woods back there.
I do love looking at the beautiful fresh snow -- but am glad I don't have to go anywhere in it!

Gratitudes:
We had plenty of warning about this snowstorm, so I managed to run up to Steph's on Monday and run into our little town on Tuesday to pick up a couple of gallons of milk. Now we can sit by the fire and watch the world go by.
I made spaghetti and meatballs from scratch today -- just seemed like a good day to do that.

4 comments :

Mary Johnson said...

I love the snow on the trees!

Kathy said...

JT....so beautiful!

sewprimitive karen said...

A good day to stay inside; what a gorgeous scene from your home!!

Carol said...

It's just beautiful...your pictures look like postcards. Thanks for sharing them with us.