Saturday, March 28, 2009

I've been quilting

Kris gave me this quilt and I added a simple border. Today I quilted it and the binding is stitched on waiting to be stitched down. I also have quilted the two dog quilts I made and a baby panel that I put borders on. They all have the bindings on, but only one has the binding stitched down and that went to Steph on Thursday. I've just been longarm quilting up a storm!
I finished this one today, and one for Kris, and I have one I made last summer loaded on the longarm now that I hope to quilt tomorrow afternoon.
We also had a quilt shop run last Saturday to Tammy Tadd's Design Shop in Sycamore, IL. What a great shop -- lots of great spring fabrics and I managed to spend a lot of money and bring some of them home. They've all been washed and pressed and are awaiting cutting. I have two quilts I want to make in between sewing down bindings, quilting on the longarm, and appliqueing all the stuff that's waiting. It's good to be busy, right?!

I also received Kim Brunner's new dvds and workbook for making feathers, called Twirly Whirly Feathers. I love it and haven't even started practicing, but she makes it look so easy, I'm trying to find a few minutes to get the sketchbook out and get busy.

I went up to Steph's on Thursday -- thought maybe the grandkids would be off to college before I got up there to see them. Forgot my camera, but that's par for the course. They're doing well and growing like weeds.

And finally, Steve is doing the American Brain Tumor Association's 5k run/walk in April. If anyone is interested in donating to the cause (no pressure here but you all know this cause is near and dear to our hearts -- he's now a 15 month survivor!), go to Steve's blog.

Gratitudes:
A cold, gray, rainy/sleety/soon to be snow day -- great for quilting.
Bill spent the day making bean soup -- yum!

2 comments :

Melody said...

Sounds like a great day! And the bean soup at the end sounds like heaven.

Cher said...

from cleaning to quilting to seeing the grandkids- good you are having so much fun, getting things done and in that spring energy mode.