Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 things

Steve tagged me on Facebook, but I can't figure out how to do this on Facebook, plus I don't have any friends listed there yet! vbg He wanted me to do it anyway, so here goes.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. I've always been very proud of how my kids turned out, but don't think I can take the credit for it.
2. I'm an organizing freak, but nothing ever stays organized long.
3. I sometimes feel that decades of my life happened while I stood by and watched, without my concious participation.
4. If I had a previous life, or if I could go back in time, I could see myself as a pioneer woman establishing a homestead on a prairie.
5.I was a very shy child.
6. If my husband dies before me, I will not re-marry. He's the best husband and I don't think he can be replaced -- and I won't settle for mediocre! vbg
7. I was 34 and Bill was 55 when we married -- he patiently waited while I grew up.
8. We've been recycling for 27+ years, but I've only been trying to actually "think green" for the last 2 years.
9. I'm actually quite frugal (not cheap, there is a difference). I'm willing to pay for quality.
10. I hate paying taxes and the electric bill!
11. I could live without the tv, but not a radio or music player.
12. I had great parents and a very happy childhood with a big extended family. I was the third of 4 kids. My younger brother and I are the only two left (except for cousins).
13. I've always regretted not finishing college.
14. Quilting/sewing is a big part o my life -- I'm addicted to it.
15. I used to smoke. I quit smoking about 18 years ago.
16. I'm a Bears fan -- love NFL football, not so crazy about baseball, or basketball.
17. I'm more than ready to downsize -- smaller house, smaller yard, same amount of quilting stash ;-)!
18. I've found that I've reached the point that I don't need or want every new thing that I see.
19. I find I'd rather eat than exercise -- probably why I can never lose weight.
20.I'd like to live in the same town as my kids and grandkids.
21. I've become my mother -- but I'm not upset about it -- she was a great mom. I do worry that the Alzheimer's she had for the last 16 years of her life is hereditary, but I'm already 3 years past the age when her's started.
22. My husband only has 1 vocal chord becaue of throat cancer 45 years ago. He sounds like "the godfather".
23. When Bill adopted my two kids, a friend said, "Now they have a name to live up to instead of one they'd have to live down".
24. When I divorced my first husband, I was awarded $80 a month child support total for 2 kids. And he never bothered to pay any.
25. The day Steve was adopted, you could actually see the weight of the world lift off his shoulders -- that's one of those lifetime memories.

So, I'm supposed to pick 25 people to do this, but hey, do it if you want and let me know!

1 comment :

Judy D in WA said...

What a wonderful list. #25 brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.