Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to Primitive Garden

I finally finished Block 6 of the Primitive Garden. I had all the applique done a couple of weeks ago, so today I finally added the stem in the crow's beak. I have started Block 7 and did one birdhouse on it today. It shouldn't take too long, it's mostly different birdhouses on a wire. So, I haven't forgotten this quilt and I still love it, so I do plan on finishing it ...someday!

I spent four days this week working on the longarm doing quilting for other people. I still have one more to finish this week in between getting the house cleaned and the laundry done.
One of the dogs had some kind of accident (I think it was Pita and I think he's beginning to deteriorate). Anyway, it was like a flood and I don't think there's that much fluid in all of JR. We cleaned it up and both dogs seem okay, so we're just watching them for now. Needless to say though, I've done a couple of loads of throw rugs (it happened in the kitchen on the hardwood floor) and have another to do. Tomorrow I want to rescrub the floors in the kitchen and in the clutter room where we track everything in. I need to start getting things scrubbed for Thanksgiving anyway. We will be doing turkey day on the Sunday before again this year, so I need to get ready ahead of time.

Plus on the 8th our church is having a turkey dinner that I have volunteered to help at -- I get to peel potatoes (yippee! - not!) and help set up the tables and anything else that needs to be done.
Steph and Aaron and the boys are coming down that day and we'll meet them at the church for dinner. (I'm pretty sure Bill will be turkeyed out by the time the season is over! vbg)

Gratitudes:
Getting a little paperwork caught up this week and sending in our applications for insurance for next year -- we both had to make decisions on our new insurance as his company has changed everything this time. I'm glad the decisions are made and the paperwork has been signed and sent!
Finding some applique time today.

1 comment :

Cher said...

oh my have you gotten so much done! glad you are back to enjoying and having time for quilting. The applique is looking gorgeous!