Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another MRI

Steve has beaten me to it (he's already written his blog entry!). He had another MRI today and there was no recurrence since the last MRI -- which is great news! They said this was a milestone -- the stats are really good for people who do well at this point. Next milestone will be at the one year point -- he will be continuing the Temodar (chemo) 5 days out of 28 for the rest of the year.

So, needless to say, we're celebrating. In the meantime, I've been quilting up a storm, and have 4 small quilts bound and another 4 ready to bind. I have a quilt on the longarm for a friend and after I finish that, I'll be back to quilting the other ufo's I pulled and made backings for. I also managed to press, cut and put away a bag of scraps and the second bag that I pulled I discovered was not actually scraps -- there were some leftover blocks from a previous quilt and a whole bunch of 2-patches of I think 2-1/2" squares, and a stack of single squares. So I put the leftover blocks together and made a small quilt - table topper size and bordered it. I made the binding, but I still need to pull fabric for a backing, so that will be another finish soon! And I think I had planned on making the chicklet quilt with the 2-patches, so I've stacked those next to the machine and will put together some 16-patches as leaders and enders and go ahead and make the chicklet quilt -- always loved the pattern. I'll have to look up where I found that pattern -- it was offered free on the net, but I'd like to give credit to the designer or first poster!

That's the extent of my week! Looking forward to doing some quilting tomorrow and hopefully all of Thursday, Friday and Saturday!

Gratitudes:
Fabulous news on the MRI test today.
Phone conversations with my kids.
My brother's back is finally starting to heal.

6 comments :

Carol said...

That is the very BEST news! I am doing the dance for you! I'll keep sending those good, good thoughts.

Cher said...

I was 16 posts reading behind-and now I am caught up with you and all the news...how fabulous Steve has done so very well-God is indeed good! and all your quilting/gardening- and computer savvy...life is very good for you right now. I am so pleased to read all the wonderful things that have happened in the last two months Joanne! way to go.

Unknown said...

Excellent news - delighted for you

~Niki~ said...

I have a new quilter's list blog if you'd like to join, we'd love to have you join us.
http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
Quilty hugs!
niki

Journeying said...

Wonderful news all around! I know you're thankful.

Chicklet quilt?

Texan said...

I am so very pleased to read that Steve has had another good MRI... What wonderful news! I know he and his wife must be so very thrilled, I am sure that word doesn't cover it but its all I can think of :O)....