Monday, January 28, 2008

Today's the Day

Steve and Kim are making the trek up to Madison today for the first of many radiation/chemo treatments. Hope this first blast stuns it and the next one kills all the cancer! Good luck, Steve!

Yesterday we celebrated the January birthdays, and Aaron's, who turns 30 Feb. 3. After breakfast at the Stockholm Inn in Rockford, we all went to Kevin's for a bit. This was the best picture out of 15! (Obviously Steve gets his lack of photography skills from his mother!) Will

thought Murphy's kisses were cool! Murphy is a 14 yr old mini dachsund.

Bonnie is doing a scrappy bargello lap size quilt this Sunday (Super Bowl Sunday) and just for grins and giggles issued an invite to anyone who wants to play along. The instructions are already on her website. I still have the borders to attach to the Carolina Crossroads top I did, but I've been playing in my scrap bins lately too. I still have a long way to go, but I have 1 four-drawer bin of 2", 2-1/2" 3-1/2" and 5" strips and squares completely organized. I hope to add more to it this week and maybe in the process I'll pull the 128 strips I need to play along on Sunday. Next week I'll be helping out with the Madison driving, so probably won't be doing a lot of sewing. It'll be a good time to sort more scraps though.

Things I love: 6. The sound of a baby's laughter.

Gratitudes:
The feeling of being pro-active in the fight against cancer.
"A positive attitude is a magnet for positive results." -- author unknown

7 comments :

Carol said...

I'm sending lots of good thoughts for this first treatment to just blast the heck out of the cancer!

Elaine Adair said...

Yeppers - more good thoughts and prayers for health recovery.

Kristie said...

My hopes and prayers are with you and your family. I hope all goes well.

I will probably do the Bargello. Richard mentioned something about us butchering one of the hogs this weekend so my sewing time all depends on that. I am going to try to go ahead and pick the fabrics out tomorrow, just in case.
Kristie

Purple Pam said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Steve is a brave soul. All will be well.

I am working on my Scrappy Bargello on Sunday for the Super Bargello Bowl. I will border the one I have done, then hopefully baste and start quilting it, too.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I hope Steve is doing ok. I"m loving all your baby pictures! Babies are just the sweetest.

Carol E. said...

Cute, cute, cute baby picture! Good luck to Steve and all of you going through this journey together.

atet said...

I hope things went well for Steve -- you've got good thoughts coming your way from a bit south!