Monday, December 31, 2007

Last update

We got the pathologist's report today: Stage 4 Glioblastoma. The doctor said 6-18 months. This is not acceptable and we will be going to one of the major centers, quite possibly the Anderson Center in Houston. There is a wealth of information on the internet and they are doing amazing things in the field of cancer treatment and Steve will be one of the long-term survivors. Pray for Steve and Kim because they have a long road ahead of them, but he is a fighter. Thanks.

10 comments :

Carolyn said...

Oh my, tears came to my eyes when I read this! I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for Steve, Kim, the doctors, you, for healing...for everything. I belong to a National Prayer organization...could I put a prayer request out on our prayer list? Let me know.

CONNIE W said...

My prayers, my heart go out to you. My eyes are tearful too...be of good courage...
(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

Quiltgranny said...

No need to answer this Joanne. Just know that I am holding your son and your family in my heart and in the "light". Best wishes.

Patti said...

Oh Joanne, I am so very sorry. I was so afraid of this. I pray that he beats all the odds. He certainly has the will to fight it.

Carol said...

Joanne, know that we are all holding your family in our hearts.

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry about this diagnosis. Your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Deep breath, chin up.
Jeanne

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts!

Angie said...

Holding all of you in my thoughts and prayers, Joanne!

Melanie said...

Joanne -- Have faith, MD Anderson is tops in the nation. Email me if there is ANYTHING I can do....

Hanne said...

Joanne - I am so sorry for what your dear son and the family are going through.
I will keep you all in my thoughts daily.