Monday, February 19, 2007

Hour a Day



I have 8 of the 20 star blocks made. I did them yesterday. We were on the road Friday and Saturday for birthday celebrations (Bill's twin sister & brother's 79th birthday!) and AJ's 3rd birthday on Saturday. He was adorable, of course.

Anyway, Sunday was the first day in awhile that I've been able to quilt. I also pinned a baby quilt onto the longarm, but probably won't have time to quilt it until the end of the week. Today I have quilt guild, so I will at least be immersed in quilt related stuff. vbg I've been so unproductive lately that I finally sat down this morning and wrote down a list of things I need/want to get done -- a very eclectic list, for sure. And then I tackled one of the items on the list, which was to trim the magazine pages I've torn from the quilt mags and get them filed into sleeves and books. It feels good to actually get something done. I still have some major paperwork stuff to do, but at least it's on the list and not clogging my brain! And, of course, I have some quilty stuff and a punchneedle project on the list too.

I took the sewing machine I bought back in October at the guild show up to DD Saturday and a stack of 5" squares that I found in one of the containers. She wants to make a quilt, and seeing a plain ole scrappy squares quilt hanging at the Quilt Center during our first class, decided she could do that. I had to put some moleskin on the machine to mark 1/4" because the machine didn't have a 1/4" foot. I'll have to look for a foot sometime when I'm out and about. I put a basics quilting book in with the stuff, so we'll see how she does on her own.

Gratitudes:
1. Bill and his remaining siblings (two sisters and a brother) are in relatively good health and we had a nice visit with them Friday.
2. AJ was a little angel on his birthday -- and he loved everything he got as presents, except he wasn't real thrilled with the shirt and pants his Aunt gave him! vbg
3. Kevin drove us to Steph's on Saturday -- it was nice letting someone else do the driving.
4. Clearing the brain and making lists!

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog this weekend - it's very nice and I love your quilts. This one is going to be very pretty!

Sweet P said...

I love your fabrics in the Hour a Day quilt. I hope you had a good time at guild.

Vicky said...

Love your 1-Hr blocks. You very nearly captured the colors I was contemplating!

Kim West said...

very pretty blocks - love them....

Susan said...

I love the colors you chose for this one. Very pretty blocks!

Helen said...

Lovely, yummy fabrics in those blocks.

Melanie said...

Your fabrics change the look of the quilt completely. I'd like to get better at that. It's definitely a talent to be able to look at a quilt pattern and take a different avenue with it.

Unknown said...

Have just happened upon your blog, love the colours you've chosen for the blocks. I have all the directions saved, but as yet haven't started them.

Granny said...

Looking good!

Carol said...

Your Hour a Day blocks are great! Love the colors.