Tuesday, January 02, 2007

No stitchin' today

Ever have one of those days that just don't go as planned?! I know -- we all do! Brand new camera and no pics besides! The connector to the camera is in the basement -- I'm on the main floor with the laptop....read too lazy to go down and get it.

All 3 of our kids have their birthdays in January, plus our DSIL's is Feb 3 -- so we celebrate all 4 on one day in January. Therefore -- I had to go out and buy 4 gifts today! January is like December around here!

I stopped at JoAnn's and used my 40% off coupon for half a bolt of 90" muslin and ran into a lady that has her own longarm. She gave me some good ideas and some tips -- it was really a nice thing for a stranger to do. Only 9 more days til my Classic Plus arrives!

Answers to questions: Annie -- you can buy the top loading plastic sleeves at any office supply store -- I got a box of 100 at Office Depot for something like $6 -- I bought two boxes -- I have a lot of magazines! LOL

My quilt buddy and I are planning a getaway to a local quilt shop on Friday -- just a little fabric immersion which will be mostly looking and petting, but not buying much. And lunch, of course. We need to get out after the holidays and all!

Gratitudes:
After initial frustration with DH's cardiology office, I did get to speak to Carla -- and she is one really great cardiac nurse -- she's been around for a good 20 years and she's really wonderful.
The kindness of strangers.
Getting all the kids' gifts in one trip.
Emails
Phone calls from friends.

2 comments :

Carol E. said...

I keep forgetting to do my gratitudes list! I started it ages ago, planning to do it alphabetically. I got through A and B. Wow! What a long memory I have!! haha.. your'e helping me try to remember to do it on my blog.

Shelina said...

I'm so glad that your birthdays are more spaced out! At least you can get in on those after Christmas specials. Happy Birthday to your kids!