Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sew...

Got back from DC on Sunday, exhausted. Had a great time and even though it was rainy and cold, we managed to see the Memorials, the White House, and even the President landing in one of the three helicopters they scramble for the purpose. Ate way too much good food and am consequently back on my diet! vbg I took my 35mm camera, so pictures will be awhile.
Since then, I have unpacked, done all the laundry, ironed a ton of shirts for 2 people and a few pairs of slacks, ran errands and cleaned the house that hadn't been cleaned for 2 weeks! You'd think we'd been gone a month instead of 5 days!

Anyway... finally got to sew today and believe me, I've been itchin' to stitch for more than a week! I finished quilting Briana's quilt today, put the binding on by machine and pinned the label on, so just need to do the hand stitching on the binding and label.


Spent my hour on the One Hour A Day Quilt doing 32 stem blocks -- took the whole hour, but they are stitched and trimmed. Will start making the leaf blocks tomorrow.

Also fixed a rip in a seam of a jacket (took more time to set the machine up with the right thread than it did to sew it!).

And then I spent the last 45 minutes before dinner appliqueing two leaves onto my applique project and 5 minutes while fixing dinner pinning another label on a quilt that I'm putting in our guild show next weekend. (And yes, should have put the label on a long time ago!). I made three labels on the computer yesterday and still have one to pin and stitch on my Shakespeare in the Park quilt which will also go into our guild show.

All in all -- felt really good to be stitching today!

Gratitudes:
1. The quilting on Briana's quilt went really well today (on the Bernina).
2. Leftover Taco Soup for dinner.
3. Had a hard freeze last night and snow on the ground this morning -- glad the garden is officially done!
4. Staying in to sew all day.
5. Nice phone conversation with Steph.

7 comments :

Granny said...

Glad you had a fun trip and now you're back to stitching. I love your thread holder. That is so neat!

Judy L.

quiltpixie said...

sounds like a productive time when you got home to sewing :-)

Nines said...

Shew! Good thing you had a vacation before you got home! VBG I love sewing in little bits like that- makes me feel like I'm sneaking up on projects, you know? Glad you're back, safe and sound!

Melanie said...

I'm so glad your trip went well. Sounds like you've been kicking it into high gear since you've gotten home. Have fun sewing.

Libby said...

Glad you had fun on your trip. Seeing the memorials in DC is really something -- nothing in textbooks or magazines can fully bring about what you feel when you are there in person.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Welcome Back! Glad you had fun! Can't wait to see your leaves!

Anonymous said...

I found you through a link somewhere.

I'm a beginner quilter and am totally addicted!

Great blog, I'll be back again.

Have a great day!