Saturday, September 02, 2006

Block #9

I finished block number 9 last night. Only 6 more to go. Today I also made all 15 ninepatches that alternate with the flower blocks.


I also quilted the Buck a Block center on the HQ -- only took a bit more than an hour and part of that time was fighting with the nylon thread -- my Brother machine does not like nylon thread (and neither do I), but it was the best choice for the top. I had to really loosen the top tension in order to get it done. Stitches look okay though. It kept skipping on me, so had to stop frequently and loosen the tension a teeny bit more! Royal PITA! Anyway -- it's off the HQ and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to put it on the Bernina and do the border. Also want to make some HST's for Briana's quilt -- that's the next step. Can't put anything together till the flower blocks are done.

Gratitudes:

1. The nine-patches are done.

2. Another lovely sewing day.

3. My water bottle.

4. Getting a whole overstuffed file folder shredded; 1 down, infinity to go.

9 comments :

Libby said...

The suspense is mounting. I can hardly wait to see the quilt all together. It just looks so cheerful

ForestJane said...

These flower blocks are looking great... and the pink 9-patches are a good choice to put between them too!

I also can't wait to see it all laid out. :)

Susan said...

I can't believe how quickly you are getting these flower blocks finished. It's going to be so darling.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Thanks for "the flower of the day" - it is so fun coming over to your blog to see the latest addition! I think I will be a bit sad when you do finish making these blocks -LOL!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Quilts And Pieces said...

All your little flowers are so darn cute! I can't wait to see them all together!

Hedgehog said...

I agree, the suspsense is mounting and it is fun to stop by and see your newest flower!

sewprimitive karen said...

Same here, am really enjoying the growing collection of flower block photos. They're going to look SO cute in a top.

Gail said...

This is going to be one sweatheart quilt-can't wait to see the whole thing.

Eileen said...

I do love the Piece O'Cake applique designs. Do yo do the whole thing with the overlay?
That is one lucky little girl getting this quilt.