Sunday, April 09, 2006

Relaxing Time



I made three more of the lighter background blocks and hung them up with the darker background blocks -- much easier to see this way. I like them both, but I'm going to stay with the lighter backgrounds -- I think it'll be a brighter quilt. This will be a leaders and enders quilt. I have plenty of colored squares cut, and will just add a few more cream colored background fabrics when I add them to my stash -- I have plenty of the whites already.

I have finally caught up on all the things I "needed" to finish, so now I can work on what I want when I want -- I will probably do some hand applique for awhile because my fingers have been itching to do it! I have plenty of projects waiting in line to pick from.

It's a glorious day here today, so I'm off to enjoy the rest of it (and cheer Freddie Couples on to win the Masters again!).

12 comments :

Hanne said...

One can make half square triangles for ages and never get bored. Lovely blocks you are making :-)

Finn said...

The blocks look super Joanne! Wish I could move mine to the front burner, but no can do...enjoy the day..*VBS*

Linda C said...

I like the whiter and brighter better but that's just me--probably all the kids quilts I make are rubbing off on me. OR Cher's influence is showing.

Still, the tan/cream/beige is also good and very classic looking.

Laurie said...

Joanne,
I'm loving the blocks! The lighter background does make it pop more...but I like the subtlety of the darker background as well!
Hugs
Laurie

tami said...

I like the white background too. It shows off the pattern really well. I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Mary Johnson said...

I like the lighter blocks overall too.

I tend to use more beige/tan than whites as backgrounds but I find that if I mix in some cream and a touch of white with my beiges and tans it keeps the background from being too dark.

Laurie Ann said...

I like them both!! What a fun pattern! Good job on all your quilty progress.

Lucy said...

I like them both too.. but with the summer in front I can imagine that you choose for the bright :c)

Quilts And Pieces said...

I"m loving those blocks! they both look good now with more blocks!

Samantha said...

i love the lighter backgrounds- great bright choice!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I like how the white background makes the brighter colors pop! But, I think it would be nice with a beige background and darker (country?) colors too. Fun, fun!

Cheers!

Evelyn

quiltpixie said...

What a wonderful project to work on... It's going to look great!