Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Robins are Back!

Saw my first robins of the season yesterday -- can spring be far behind?

Haven't been doing any quilting to speak of lately. Seems there's always something going on. Tuesday Bill had another endoscopy and the good news is that his ulcer has healed. (I brought a book to read while I was waiting.)
Yesterday I spent the day cleaning house -- actually made it through my entire to-do list, including cleaning the coffee pot, baking bread, and emptying the crumbs from the toaster! This relatively new toaster we have has two little trays to catch the crumbs and all they catch is dust. I have to turn the toaster over and shake and out comes tons of crumbs! Anyway -- no sewing yesterday.
Today I had to run some patterns to the quilt store (and of course spent a lot more money than I made!). Had to buy some backing fabric for another baby quilt DD thinks I need to make, bought a half yard cut of some darling kids print -- couldn't help myself; and a new book and some quilting patterns to maybe help me get creative!
Then ran to Best Buy and bought a new phone and by the time I got it hooked up and figured out the day was gone! Tomorrow have to run to another quilt store to pick up this month's buck a block, but hopefully will get some stitching time in tomorrow afternoon. Will have to do some straightening in the sewing room before I can get stitching though!
And that's about it from my corner of the world -- spent the past week getting over this cold -- nagging cough that really isn't in my chest, just in the back of my throat, but annoying as all get out!
Feeling the need to get some spring quilts out soon, so will get some new pictures posted soon!

1 comment :

The Calico Cat said...

whew - sounds like a full day!