Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fall scrap quilt


I'm baaaack! Made it through the procedure today and am on with my life.
After a much needed nap this morning/afternoon, I sat down to sew (I couldn't do it earlier, nurse said I had to stay away from machinery - normally that wouldn't stop me from sewing, but I was pretty tired since I've been up since 3:30 this morning.)

So now I'm about to find out how to post a picture. I laid out a few of the fall scrappy nines with the plain back alternate squares. I think I'm going to love it. In fact, I think I'm going to make it much bigger than I originally planned. The border fabric doesn't look quite right, but I think a thin black inner border will help it along. The border fabric has frosted leaves on a black background, although in the picture it may not show that well. The colors are not that great in my house -- this was taken on the basement floor -- the carpet is a light off-white with tan -- looks real yellow in the picture. But good enough for this purpose.

I usually lay a piece of batting over a large hanging quilt in my sewing room and use it as my design wall -- just haven't gotten a round tuit yet!
So what'dya think?

2 comments :

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what a wonderful fall quilt this will be! I agree, I think you will need a thin black inner border and then your outer border will look wonderful!

I made a stack n whack once with that outer border fabric - only it was blue and green! Hmmm, that is a UFO sitting somewhere in my basement - wonder where? Now I may have to dig that up to share a picture with you!

Sarah said...

Joanne -

This is Sarah from "THoughts from a disorganized quilter". Hope you are going to join our "Quilt Mavericks" group.

Where are you in Northern Illinois? I went to high school in Rockford. Its changed a lot in the last 20 years!

Can't wait to see more of your quilts!

Sarah N.