Wednesday, April 10, 2024

SCRAPS

 I've been playing with scraps lately - working on more than 1 homeless quilt and deciding to clean out my scraps.


This is just 1 shelf of fabric that I pulled to start cutting.  I'm cutting 5" squares and 2-1/2" strips.  Any piece that is larger - 1/2 yard or more, I didn't cut, but set aside.  I think I will use the larger pieces to piece backings for the homeless quilts.  My goal for the next couple of years (yes, it will take some time), is to use up as much stash fabric as I can.  


The bin on the ironing board is full to overflowing with 5" squares and charm packs.  I spent most of the morning cutting 5" squares from tan/beige colored fabrics.  I plan on making at least two and probably more checkerboard quilts using these squares.  

You can see the trash basket is full to overflowing with scraps that didn't fit! Wondering why I saved every little leftover piece of fabric.  And some of the fabrics had pieces cut out that I'm sure went into one of my applique quilts!  

Whatever....I'm tired of dealing with stash fabrics and scraps so I'm going to try to use up as much as I can -- and making homeless quilts is a great way to do that.

Until next time...blessings.

No comments :