Tuesday, February 20, 2024

February

 I have been out of town for a few weeks.  Just got back last Saturday as a matter of fact.  I've been catching up as we all know getting things back to normal is necessary.  Today I will get my mail from the past 2-1/2 weeks, so getting ready for that.

I'm back in the decluttering mode also.  Today I actually cleaned out my file cabinet (FINALLY!).  Feels good, but now I need to clean up the shredded papers in time to put them out in the recycling tomorrow.

And now that the files are cleaned out, I first need to file my taxes (which means I actually have to get my tax papers together), but then I can finally get back to cleaning the office.  

Because I was in Florida for all that time, I still have stuff to put away - although I have unpacked and done the laundry, but next week I have a short quilting retreat to get ready for too.

I'm seriously looking forward to finally getting back to organizing.  So, tomorrow I will be cleaning the bathrooms and repacking what I need for the retreat, but I will also clean out a few drawers in the bathroom to continue my house clean out project! The bathroom today:

While I was gone I was rethinking more simple living.  I ran across a blog I used to follow and a book I bought that was written by the blogger  Rhonda Hetzel, Down to Earth is her blog.  I decided to drag out the old breadmaker from the bottom of the pantry and today I made a loaf of Honey whole wheat bread:


 

I also made some homemade potato soup yesterday!  It was delicious.   Not sure where the urge to cook came from since I hate cooking, but I'm going with it as long as I can!

Until next time... Blessings.

No comments :