Monday, December 20, 2021

More Plans

I've been thinking more about my goals/plans for next year.  I spend a lot of time doing hand applique - mostly when I meet with my applique friends at least 5 times a month. Those days are the first ones I fill in on my calendars and then I work appointments and such around them!

But, I also want to spend more time working on learning custom quilting on the longarm.  I invest in a monthly class called Skill builders by Joan Knight and Joyce Lundrigan.  They send out the class via email and include videos in the class.  I'm way behind on these, so the goal is to spend at least one week a month working on these and/or practicing my custom quilting.  Each month is a different project - they give the instructions for piecing the quilt and then detailed instructions on the quilting of it.  I will also be doing some easy quilts - which I can load on the machine and if it's just an edge to edge, I can run it while cutting or piecing.

The second week of the month (and not necessarily in any order) I want to dedicate to cutting and piecing quilt blocks.  These will include the Skill Builders, but also will include any quilt that I need to piece, or the parts of the applique blocks that need to be pieced before I can applique.

The third week I want to spend prepping applique blocks -- I think I have at least 4 applique quilts I want to work on this coming year.  So, during the piecing week, I will piece the next blocks for each quilt. And during the prepping week, I will do whatever is necessary to get the block ready to stitch.

And the fourth week, will be kept open for whatever I need to finish or work on that I didn't get to during the other weeks.   

So, that pretty much covers my quilting goals for the next year.  And I will be working on these goals after I do my daily chores (including cleaning out closets!).

Until next time....blessings.  

No comments :