Friday, January 01, 2021

New Year's Day 2021

So today was spent in the quilt studio.  I wanted to implement my new plan for scraps, and did get started on it.  But first I needed to sort thru the stuff on my big table.  I had more than one pile of fabrics that I have pulled for my applique quilt, Pumpkin Hill. They were a mess!  So, I spent more than an hour pressing and sorting those:

And because I still need to prep three more blocks, I put all these fabrics in a tote bag and set them aside.  I can put them all away after I prep the last blocks!

Then I started emptying a bin or two also on this table.  Found tons of already cut 5" squares and other sizes also.  Put them all into one smaller bin - the 5" squares in one bin by themselves.  Also have a bin of 2-1/2" strips and 2-1/2" squares.  Oy!  I pulled a bunch of fq's and they are all thrown into one of the big bins on the table for now.  Plan to press them and sort them next.  Still in one of the big bins is a conglomeration of strips, squares and various and sundry fabrics. 

I uncovered a table topper I had put together and while I had the fabrics out, I cut borders and bindings for it and put the borders on - just a quick quilting and there's another finished quilt! All Kansas Troubles fabrics, so I will keep this one!

Managed to find some fabrics for the windmills, so put together 8 more blocks:
 

I'm just putting them up on the wall for now -- I'll rearrange before I put them together.  Still have 50 more blocks to make!

I finished binding the flag quilt and the Autumn one:

Autumn quilt went into the gift cabinet and I think my daughter might want the flag one.

Didn't feel like I accomplished anything today, but I know that none of this will be done as soon as I want!  Standing at the ironing board made my back sore, so I'll be resting it the rest of the day!

Until next time.....blessings.

No comments :