Wednesday, May 15, 2019

And yet another change of plans

All my plans for cleaning the sewing room have changed.  I had planned on cleaning the sewing room and organizing scraps and fabric.  And then when my daughter is done teaching pre-school and before her kids are out of school, she was going to paint my basement.  (She loves to paint - I hate to paint!).
But now, she's having a total knee replacement on June 5 and will be out of commission for 6-8 weeks.
So, this is what one part of the basement looks like:
So, now my tentative plans (and definitely not writing them in stone!) is to do a little bit of painting and put everything back together in that section and move to another wall!  In between, I'm having another big tree taken down and having 3 flowering crab trees planted in that area, and my mowing people are going to rip out the shrubs around the house and rebuild the areas for planting flowers and new shrubs - which probably would have been done by now but we've had such a cold, wet (including snow) spring that nothing is happening.  I also have two wooden outside rockers that need sanded down and painted and a garden bench that also needs painting.  If I can get the rockers sanded, I can enlist my youngest grandson (9) to paint them - apparently he's like his mother and loves to paint!
Oh, and in between, I have homeless quilts to quilt, 4 applique quilts to quilt, and two club projects to make and quilt.
Until the next change in plans....blessings!
 

No comments :