I finished piecing another quilt for the homeless today:
This was made from some donated fabric
and a partially put together quilt kit. I've already made one quilt from the parts and I finished the 9-patches on this one, then put the borders around them and now used some blacks from my stash to alternate them. I did piece the binding today, and hope to piece the backing tomorrow, but don't know when I'll be able to quilt it.
I took the hard splint off yesterday and have spent two days sewing without it. I have therapy again tomorrow, so don't know what they're going to say about that, but the splint was rubbing on the incision on the thumb and pinching my arm - I still can't pinch my index finger with my thumb, but I at least do my therapy exercises a few times a day and I am being real careful not to jam my thumb!
Until next time....blessings.