Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Some piecing going on here

 We're going to be shifting gears and piecing kids quilts for a change for the church.  First group will go to the kids in our church and then we'll donate them to Motherhouse Crisis Nursery in Rockford, I think.  So, I've been buying kids fabrics this summer and started piecing this Minions quilt the other day and finished putting it together this morning.
 I have the cutest pattern for quilting it, called Goggles by Kim Diamond.  I'll quilt it tomorrow.
I've been working on my to-do list today, so every time I spend a few minutes in the basement, I try to cut more squares of the kids fabrics.
We're meeting again at the end of the month for a sewing day at church, so I need plenty of squares for the group to start sewing together.  Probably the Minion quilt will be the only one I piece, since I will be doing the quilting of most of them.

Until next time....blessings.

No comments :