Sunday, June 05, 2011

June 2011

This will be one last tear filled post and after this I will strive to have lots of positive, joyful and hopefully soon, quilt related posts.

Today is, first of all Michael Paul (Mikey's), first birthday.  I have a couple of pics in my camera upstairs, so will post them in a day or two -- he is after all the really bright spot along with the other 3 grandkids of the whole past year -- and yes, tomorrow is the 1st anniversary of Bill's death.  And on Tuesday, it would have been Steve and Kim's 14th anniversary.  Which brings me to the reason for this post.  Today I had to do one of the hardest things I've ever done. 
Two days before Steve died, he asked me to buy chocolates for Kim for their anniversary.  At the time I was thinking I would buy them and bring them to him to give to her.  I suspect he knew he wouldn't be here for the actual day.  So, today I brought her the gift of Godiva chocolates Steve wanted her to have on their anniversary.  She was working in the yard when I stopped by -- doing what I do -- trying to keep busy.  We both cried and I cried all the way home.  And I remembered that Steve was taught by the master -- his father -- in how to treat his wife.  Wow, do I miss both of them.

2 comments :

Gail said...

Not tear filled, but bittersweet. It is positive, in that same bittersweet way. Sad to be without Steve and Bill, sad that they are missing milestones. But how blessed, how sweet, that you had such wonderful men in your life, and that their memory still enriches you. Chin up, you will cope more easily, but you earned those tears, let them come and know that some of us out here in blogland are thinking of you, extending a cyber hug and a shoulder to cry on.

McIrish Annie said...

Joanne, No family should have to go through the year that you have all been through. But how wonderful that Steve remembered his anniversary. You raised a loving special son!

I can only imagine how difficult things have been and how much you must miss Bill. If you need to post sad things, do it!! We are here for you..
Hugs to you! Wish I could come and sit on your porch and rock a while with you.