Saturday, January 02, 2010

Just for Fun

I spent most of the day working on the computer writing a newsletter. It's finished except for any mistakes that need corrected or last minute additions, so all I'll have to do is print out a few copies for friends that don't have a computer and I'm good to go for a couple more months!
So, in the meantime I spent some time playing with blocks. First is one Judy used to make a really cute quilt. I wanted to make a test block and decide my preference for making this quilt. I love this block, so will be adding the quilt to my list of tops I'd like to start and finish this year!
And then I noticed what fun Jeanne is having doing different blocks every day. So, I decided to join Friday Block Party and do the first block of the New Year. It's called Wheel of Time. I just chose fabrics that jumped off the shelf at me -- I have no rhyme or reason for them yet and I will probably continue doing that for awhile. It's always good to have a few orphan blocks to play with!
I did walk my 30 minutes this morning - yay me.

Gratitudes:
I'm enjoying this long holiday weekend -- even though we are retired here and always have long weekends :-), this particular weekend has felt really nice and relaxed and I've been able to spend a lot of time with my quilting.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I read your post this morning, for I've been considering doing a newsletter as I didn't get cards sent this year. It will be our first so I'm unsure where to begin.
Good for you with your walking. Inspires me to get moving too.